Accumulating evidence points to cancer potential. Exercise caution with this substance, explore your exposure routes and consider complete avoidance. See further details under Toxins.
Cause mutations to Genetic material like DNA, RNA or mitochondrial DNA
Known to effect development of fetus.
Toxic to specific organs
Can damage liver, kidney, lungs, heart or gut. Ironically liver, kidneys and gut are the main detoxifications systems.
Soluble in Water
This substance easily dissolves in water. As such it can be easily transported via waterways. Not really a nastiness attribute, but this feature helps rapidly spread other nastiness attributes this substance may have.
Volatile - Evaporates easily
This substance easily enters the air we breath. Not really a nastiness attribute, but this feature helps rapidly spread other nastiness attributes this substance may have.
These attributes are ONLY based on peer-reviewed evidence. See link to Data Sources below. Everyone benefits from knowing this stuff. Please Share.
- CATEGORIES: Chemical used in hydraulic fracturing fluids | Household Toxin | Food Toxin | Synthetic Toxin | Indirect Additives Used in Food Contact Substances | PESTICIDE active ingredient | Inert Pesticide Ingredient USA - Food Use Permitted | Food Additives with E Numbers | Preservatives | Pesticide or Plant Growth Regulator Approved in Australia
- SUBSTANCE LINEAGE: Organic Compounds | Heterocyclic Compounds | Triazinanes | 1,3,5-Triazinanes | 1,3,5-Triazinanes
- SYNONYMS: Hexamethylenetetramine 1,3,5,7-Tetraazaadamantane | 1,3,5,7-Tetraazatricyclo (18.104.22.168(3,7))decane | 1,3,5,7-Tetraazatricyclo(22.214.171.124,7)decane | 1,3,5,7-Tetraazatricyclo(126.96.36.199,7)decane hydroiodide | 1,3,5,7-Tetraazatricyclo(188.8.131.52)decane | 1,3,5,7-Tetraazatricyclo[184.108.40.206(3,7)]decane | 1,3,5,7-Tetraazatricyclo[220.127.116.11,7 ]decane | 1,3,5,7-Tetraazatricyclo[18.104.22.168~3,7~]decane | Aceto HMT | Aminoform | Aminoformaldehyde | Ammoform | Ammonioformaldehyde | Antihydral | Carin | Cystamin | Cystogen | Duirexol | E239 | Ekagom h | Esametilentetramina | Formaldehyde-ammonia 6:4 | Formamine | Formin | Formin (heterocycle) | Formin (the heterocyclic compound) | Grasselerator 102 | H.m.t. | Herax UTS | Heterin | HEX | Hexa | Hexa (vulcanization accelerator) | Hexa-flo-pulver | Hexaform | Hexaloids | Hexamethylamine | Hexamethylenamine | Hexamethylene tetramine | Hexamethyleneamine | Hexamethylenetetraamine | Hexamethylenetetramine | Hexamethylenetetramine (aliphatic) | Hexamethylenetetramine | 8CI | Hexamethylenetetramine | acs | Hexamethylenetetramine-palladium chloride adduct | Hexamethylenetetraminum | Hexamethylentetramin | Hexamethylentetramine | Hexamethylentetraminum | Hexamine | Hexamine (heterocycle) | Hexamine silver | Hexaminum | Hexasan | Hexilmethylenamine | HMT | HMTA | Mandelamine | Metenamina | Methamin | Methenamin | Methenamine | Methenamine silver | Methenaminum | Metramine | Naphthamine | Natasol fast orange GR salt | Nocceler H | Preparation af | Resotropin | S 4 (Heterocycle) | Sanceler h | Silver methenamine | Tetraazaadamantane | Uramin | Uratrine | Urisol | Uritone | Uro-phosphate | Urodeine | Urotropin | Urotropine | Vesaloin | Vesalvine | Vulkacit H 30 | Vulkacit H30 | Xametrin | -Adamazane | INN
- DESCRIPTION: Has been used in CSG, Hydraulic Fracturing Operations (Fracking) as - Fracturing | Metenamine belongs to the family of Aminals. These are organic compounds containing the aminal functional group. Metenamine is an antimicrobial food preservative, but is of limited use and usage is declining. It is used to prevent "late blowing" of hard cheese by inhibiting growth of unwanted bacteria. Presently (2002) its European use is limited to one type of Italian cheese, Provolone. It acts by releasing formaldehyde under acidic conditions. E Number: E239 | Food Additives with E Numbers used in Australia, NZ, UK and the EU. Over 400 in total. | Substance has been approved in: EU and UK
- COMMENTS: Residues of this pesticide are NOT tested for on Australian Foods even though the Pesticide is approved in Australia. This is partly so because this pesticide is not usually used around food agriculture. | Pesticide approved in Australia. Last update 2012 - FSANZ (Food Standards Australia New Zealand), UK and EU updated 2014
- FORMULA: C6H12N4
- DATA SOURCES: DATA SOURCES: ARTICLE 4 | T3DB | PubChem | FSANZ and FSA | Article-Colborn-2010 | FracFocus | EPA in USA | US HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES | FDA Indirect Food Additives | APVMA | EPA USA - Pesticide Inerts
- LAST UPDATE: 26/04/2018
Mostly focused on Health Implications of Long Term Exposure to this substance
- POSSIBLE HEALTH CONSEQUENCES:
- ACTION OF TOXIN:
- TOXIN SITES OF ACTION IN CELL: "Cytoplasm", "Extracellular"
- Additional Exposure Routes:
Search all of Toxno
Or browse our mind blowing but terrifying Lists