No Nastiness Attributes Yet
This off course does not mean there aren't any. Toxno just hasn't found any yet. If you know of additional Nastiness Attributes or other Exposure Routes, please let us know. You can contact us , use the comment section on the profile pages or download our data contribution form. Please provide a source or a reference.
These attributes are ONLY based on peer-reviewed evidence. See link to Data Sources below. Everyone benefits from knowing this stuff. Please Share.
- CATEGORIES: Pesticide | Household Toxin | Food Toxin | Synthetic Toxin | PESTICIDE active ingredient | Pesticide or Plant Growth Regulator Approved in Australia | Pesticide approved in USA (California)
- SUBSTANCE LINEAGE: Organic Compounds | Heterocyclic Compounds | Azoles | Pyrazoles | Pyrazole Carboxylic Acids and Derivatives
- SYNONYMS: A 841101 | Battalion | C.i. Natural Brown 3 | Halosulfuron-methyl | BSI | Inpool | Manage | MON 12000 | MON 12037 | NC 319 | Permit | Permit 75WG | Sandea | Sempra
- DESCRIPTION: Halosulfuron-methyl is a selective herbicide for post-emergence control of sedges and other weeds in turf. It is also used on maize, sugarcane and rice. It interferes with the function of the acetolactate synthase enzyme, resulting in a rapid cessation of cell division and plant growth in both roots and shoots. In sulfite-sensitive individuals, skin reactions have been reported following dermal exposure.
- COMMENTS: Residues of this pesticide are tested for on Australian Foods | Pesticide approved in Australia
- FORMULA: C13H15ClN6O7S
- DATA SOURCES: DATA SOURCES: ARTICLE 4 | T3DB | PubChem | Compendium of Pesticide Common Names | APVMA | DPR
- LAST UPDATE: 28/04/2018
Mostly focused on Health Implications of Long Term Exposure to this substance
- POSSIBLE HEALTH CONSEQUENCES:
- ACTION OF TOXIN:
- TOXIN SITES OF ACTION IN CELL: "Membrane"
- Additional Exposure Routes: This is a man-made compound that is used as a pesticide.
Search all of Toxno
Or browse our mind blowing but terrifying Lists