These attributes are ONLY based on peer-reviewed evidence. See link to Data Sources below. Everyone benefits from knowing this stuff. Please Share.
- CATEGORIES: Chemical used in Undefined Operations in CSG, Hydraulic Fracturing (Fracking) | Household Toxin | Food Toxin | Synthetic Toxin | EAFUS (Everything Added to Food in the United States) | Inert Pesticide Ingredient USA - Non Food Use Only
- SUBSTANCE LINEAGE: Organic Compounds | Benzenoids | Naphthalenes | Naphthalene Sulfonic Acids and Derivatives | 2-Naphthalene Sulfonic Acids and Derivatives
- SYNONYMS: 1351 Yellow | disodium salt | 1899 Yellow | disodium salt | Acid Food Yellow 3 | disodium salt | Alabaster No. 3 | disodium salt | C.I. Food Yellow 3 | disodium salt | Canacert sunset yellow FCF | disodium salt | Certicol sunset yellow CFS | disodium salt | Disodium 6-hydroxy-5-[(4-sulfophenyl)azo]-2-naphthalenesulfonic acid | Disodium 6-hydroxy-5-[(4-sulphophenyl)azo]-2-naphthalenesulfonate | Disodium 6-hydroxy-5-[(4-sulphophenyl)azo]-2-naphthalenesulfonic acid | FD and C Yellow No. 6 | disodium salt | Food Yellow No. 5 | disodium salt | HD sunset yellow FCF | disodium salt | Hexacol sunset yellow FCF | disodium salt | Maple sunset yellow FCF | disodium salt | Sun yellow | disodium salt | Sunset Yellow 6 | disodium salt | Twilight yellow | disodium salt | Yellow No. 6 | disodium salt
- DESCRIPTION: Has been used in CSG, Hydraulic Fracturing Operations (Fracking) as - Unknown | Disodium 6-hydroxy-5-[(4-sulfophenyl)azo]-2-naphthalenesulfonate is a food dye
Disodium 6-hydroxy-5-[(4-sulfophenyl)azo]-2-naphthalenesulfonate belongs to the family of Naphthalenes. These are compounds containing a naphthalene moiety, which consists of two fused benzene rings.
- FORMULA: C16H12N2Na2O7S2
- DATA SOURCES: DATA SOURCES: ARTICLE 4 | T3DB | PubChem | IARC | FracFocus | EAFUS | EPA USA - Pesticide Inerts
- LAST UPDATE: 28/04/2018
Mostly focused on Health Implications of Long Term Exposure to this substance
- POSSIBLE HEALTH CONSEQUENCES:
- ACTION OF TOXIN:
- TOXIN SITES OF ACTION IN CELL: "Cytoplasm", "Extracellular"
- Additional Exposure Routes:
Search all of Toxno
Or browse our mind blowing but terrifying Lists