These attributes are ONLY based on peer-reviewed evidence. See link to Data Sources below. Everyone benefits from knowing this stuff. Please Share.
- CATEGORIES: Household Toxin | Food Toxin | Synthetic Toxin | EAFUS (Everything Added to Food in the United States) | Inert Pesticide Ingredient USA - Non Food Use Only
- SUBSTANCE LINEAGE: Organic Compounds | Benzenoids | Naphthalenes | Naphthalene Sulfonic Acids and Derivatives | 1-Naphthalene Sulfonic Acids and Derivatives
- SYNONYMS: 3-[(2,4-Dimethyl-5-sulfophenyl)azo]-4-hydroxy-1-naphthalenesulfonic acid | 9CI | C.I. 14700 | C.I. food red 1 | FD and C Red No. 4 | Ponceau Red SX | Ponceau SX
- DESCRIPTION: Colourant ormerly used in foodstuffs.
- FORMULA: C18H16N2O7S2
- DATA SOURCES: DATA SOURCES: ARTICLE 4 | CPDB | T3DB | PubChem | IARC | EAFUS | EPA USA - Pesticide Inerts
- LAST UPDATE: 28/04/2018
Mostly focused on Health Implications of Long Term Exposure to this substance
- POSSIBLE HEALTH CONSEQUENCES:
- ACTION OF TOXIN:
- TOXIN SITES OF ACTION IN CELL: "Cytoplasm", "Extracellular"
- Additional Exposure Routes:
Search all of Toxno
Or browse our mind blowing but terrifying Lists