These attributes are ONLY based on peer-reviewed evidence. See link to Data Sources below. Everyone benefits from knowing this stuff. Please Share.
- CATEGORIES: Food Additives with E Numbers | Colours | Household Toxin | Food Toxin | Synthetic Toxin | EAFUS (Everything Added to Food in the United States) | Inert Pesticide Ingredient USA - Food Use Permitted
- SUBSTANCE LINEAGE: Organic Compounds | Benzenoids | Benzene and Substituted Derivatives | Phenylpropenes | Phenylpropenes
- SYNONYMS: Aizen Food Green No. 3 | C.I. 42053 | C.I. Food green 3 | C.I. Food Green 3 | disodium salt | FD & C green no. 3 | FD and C Green No. 3 | FD&C Green No. 3 | Food Green 3 | Food Green No. 3 | N-Ethyl-N-[4-[[4-[ethyl[(3-sulfophenyl)methyl]amino]phenyl](4-hydroxy-2-sulfophenyl)methylene]-2,5-cyclohexadien-1-ylidene]-3-sulfobenzenemethanaminium hydroxide inner salt | 9CI | Solid green FCF | Zelen potravinarska 3 | Zelen stala FCF
- DESCRIPTION: E Number: E143 | Food Additives with E Numbers used in Australia, NZ, UK and the EU. Over 400 in total. | Substance has been approved in: Australia and NZ | | Can cause adverse reactions - best to avoid (Food Intolerance Network) | Colours | FDA permitted food colourant used in beverages, desserts, candies, baking goods, dairy products and maraschino cherries Fast Green FCF, also called Food green 3, FD&C Green No. 3, Green 1724, Solid Green FCF, and C.I. 42053, is a sea green triarylmethane food dye. Its E number is E143.
- FORMULA: C37H36N2O10S3
- DATA SOURCES: DATA SOURCES: ARTICLE 4 | T3DB | PubChem | IARC | FSANZ and FSA | EAFUS | EPA USA - Pesticide Inerts
- LAST UPDATE: 28/04/2018
Mostly focused on Health Implications of Long Term Exposure to this substance
- POSSIBLE HEALTH CONSEQUENCES:
- ACTION OF TOXIN:
- TOXIN SITES OF ACTION IN CELL: "Cytoplasm", "Extracellular", "Membrane"
- Additional Exposure Routes:
Search all of Toxno
Or browse our mind blowing but terrifying Lists