Toxic to specific organs
Can damage liver, kidney, lungs, heart or gut. Ironically liver, kidneys and gut are the main detoxifications systems.
Soluble in Water
This substance easily dissolves in water. As such it can be easily transported via waterways. Not really a nastiness attribute, but this feature helps rapidly spread other nastiness attributes this substance may have.
Has known Side Effects
This is often the result of long or short term medication use. The same medication can have a range of side effects ranging from none at all to totally debilitating symptoms within different individuals. Reasons for this include individual genetics, individual detoxification capacity, nutrition status, duration of use and total number of medications being taken.
It becomes very difficult to establish clear causes of symptoms when multiple medications are being taken at once.
See SIDE EFFECTS LINKOUT at end of this profile.
These attributes are ONLY based on peer-reviewed evidence. See link to Data Sources below. Everyone benefits from knowing this stuff. Please Share.
- CATEGORIES: Food Additives with E Numbers | Food acids | Chemical used in hydraulic fracturing fluids | Food Flavoring | EAFUS (Everything Added to Food in the United States) | PESTICIDE active ingredient | Inert Pesticide Ingredient USA - Non Food Use Only | Inert Pesticide Ingredient USA - FRAGRANCE ( Generally Not used on Food) | Pesticide approved in USA (California) | Medication Approved in USA
- SUBSTANCE LINEAGE:
- DESCRIPTION: E Number: E330 | Food Additives with E Numbers used in Australia, NZ, UK and the EU. Over 400 in total. | Substance has been approved in: Australia and NZ | EU and UK | | Food acids | Occurs naturally in citrus fruit but may also be prepared from the fermentation of molasses. Used as an antioxidant, preservative, acid regulator and flour improver. | Typically added to pickles, bottled sauces, dairy and baked products. | Has been used in CSG, Hydraulic Fracturing Operations (Fracking) as - Additive, iron control, chelating agent, unknown, fracturing
- DATA SOURCES: DATA SOURCES: ARTICLE 4 | PubChem | Article-Colborn-2010 | FracFocus | EPA in USA | US HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES | APPEA | Flavornet | FSANZ and FSA | EAFUS | DPR | EPA USA - Pesticide Inerts | USA FDA APPROVED DRUG PRODUCTS
- LAST UPDATE: 28/04/2018
Mostly focused on Health Implications of Long Term Exposure to this substance
- POSSIBLE HEALTH CONSEQUENCES:
- ACTION OF TOXIN:
- TOXIN SITES OF ACTION IN CELL:
- Additional Exposure Routes: SEE MEDICATION SIDE EFFECTS
Search all of Toxno
Or browse our mind blowing but terrifying Lists