Accumulating evidence points to cancer potential. Exercise caution with this substance, explore your exposure routes and consider complete avoidance. See further details under Toxins.
Interferes with your hormones. Hormones are powerful messengers that can bind to DNA. You don't want to mess with them.
Cause mutations to Genetic material like DNA, RNA or mitochondrial DNA
Interferes with fertility
Toxic to specific organs
Can damage liver, kidney, lungs, heart or gut. Ironically liver, kidneys and gut are the main detoxifications systems.
Soluble in Water
This substance easily dissolves in water. As such it can be easily transported via waterways. Not really a nastiness attribute, but this feature helps rapidly spread other nastiness attributes this substance may have.
Volatile - Evaporates easily
This substance easily enters the air we breath. Not really a nastiness attribute, but this feature helps rapidly spread other nastiness attributes this substance may have.
These attributes are ONLY based on peer-reviewed evidence. See link to Data Sources below. Everyone benefits from knowing this stuff. Please Share.
- CATEGORIES: Chemical used in hydraulic fracturing fluids | Household Toxin | Food Toxin | Synthetic Toxin | EAFUS (Everything Added to Food in the United States) | PESTICIDE active ingredient | Inert Pesticide Ingredient USA - Non Food Use Only | Inert Pesticide Ingredient USA - FRAGRANCE ( Generally Not used on Food) | Pesticide approved in USA (California)
- SUBSTANCE LINEAGE: Organic Compounds | Organonitrogen Compounds | Amines | Tertiary Amines | Tertiary Amines
- SYNONYMS: 2,2' | 2''-Nitrilotriethanol | 2,2',2''-Nitrilotri-Ethanol | 2,2',2''-Nitrilotriethanol | 2,2',2''-Nitrilotris(ethanol) | 2,2',2''-Nitrilotris-Ethanol | 2,2',2''-Nitrilotrisethanol | 2,2',2''-Nitrilotris[ethanol] | 2,2',2''-Trihydroxy-Triethylamine | 2,2',2''-Trihydroxytriethylamine | 2,2',2'-Nitrilotriethanol | 2,2',2'-Nitrilotris-Ethanol | 2,2',2-Nitrilotriethanol | 2,2',2-Nitrilotris(ethanol) | 2,2',2Quot -Nitrilotriethanol | 2,2'2''-Nitrilotris-Ethanol | 2,2,2-Nitrilotriethanol | 637-39-8 (Unspecified hydrochloride) | 7376-31-0 (Unspecified sulfate salt) | 7376-31-0 (Unspecified sulphate salt) | Alkano | Alkanolamine 244 | BTB | Cerumenex | Daltogen | Ethanol | 2,2',2''-nitrilotris- | homopolymer | H3tea | Mobisy | Mobisyl | N(CH2CH2OH)3 | Nitrilo-2,2',2''-triethanol | Nitrilo-2,2',2quot -triethanol | Nitrilotriethanol | Nitrilotris(ethanol) | Poly(triethanolamine) ether | Sodium isa | Sterolamide | Sting-kill | Tea (amino alcohol) | TEOA | Thiofaco T-35 | Tri(hydroxyethyl)amine | Triaethanolamin-NG | Triethanolamin | Triethanolamin-NG | Triethanolamine condensate polymer | Triethanolamine homopolymer | Triethylolamine | Trihydroxyethylamine | Trihydroxytriethylamine | Tris(2-Hydroxyethyl) Amine | Tris(2-hydroxyethyl)amine | Tris(b-hydroxyethyl)amine | Tris(beta -hydroxyethyl)amine | Tris(beta-hydroxyethyl)amine | Tris(hydroxyethyl)amine | Trola | Trolamine | Trolamine (NF)
- DESCRIPTION: Has been used in CSG, Hydraulic Fracturing Operations (Fracking) as - Liquid breaker aid, crosslinker, biocide, fracturing | Triethanolamine is used as a food additive [EAFUS] ("EAFUS: Everything Added to Food in the United States. [http://www.eafus.com/]"). Triethanolamine belongs to the family of Alkylamines. These are organic compounds containing an alkylamine group.
- FORMULA: C6H15NO3
- DATA SOURCES: DATA SOURCES: ARTICLE 4 | CPDB | T3DB | PubChem | IARC | Article-Colborn-2010 | FracFocus | EPA in USA | US HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES | APPEA | EAFUS | DPR | EPA USA - Pesticide Inerts
- LAST UPDATE: 28/04/2018
Mostly focused on Health Implications of Long Term Exposure to this substance
- POSSIBLE HEALTH CONSEQUENCES:
- ACTION OF TOXIN:
- TOXIN SITES OF ACTION IN CELL: "Cytoplasm", "Extracellular"
- Additional Exposure Routes:
Search all of Toxno
Or browse our mind blowing but terrifying Lists