Interferes with your hormones. Hormones are powerful messengers that can bind to DNA. You don't want to mess with them.
Interferes with fertility
Toxic to specific organs
Can damage liver, kidney, lungs, heart or gut. Ironically liver, kidneys and gut are the main detoxifications systems.
Soluble in Water
This substance easily dissolves in water. As such it can be easily transported via waterways. Not really a nastiness attribute, but this feature helps rapidly spread other nastiness attributes this substance may have.
Has known Side Effects
This is often the result of long or short term medication use. The same medication can have a range of side effects ranging from none at all to totally debilitating symptoms within different individuals. Reasons for this include individual genetics, individual detoxification capacity, nutrition status, duration of use and total number of medications being taken.
It becomes very difficult to establish clear causes of symptoms when multiple medications are being taken at once.
See SIDE EFFECTS LINKOUT at end of this profile.
These attributes are ONLY based on peer-reviewed evidence. See link to Data Sources below. Everyone benefits from knowing this stuff. Please Share.
- CATEGORIES: Food Additives with E Numbers | Mineral salts | Drilling Chemicals, CSG - The information here is based on chemicals used in drilling a natural gas well, Crosby 25-3, in Park County, Wyoming. Natural gas, petroleum condensate, and drilling fluids were accidentally released from the ground adjacent to the well due to a breach in the surface casing. This occurred over a period of about 58 hours between August 11 and 13th, 2006. | Chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing fluids | EAFUS (Everything Added to Food in the United States) | PESTICIDE active ingredient | inorganic | fungicide | Inert Pesticide Ingredient USA - Food Use Permitted | Pesticide approved in USA (California) | Medication or Drug | Medication Approved in USA
- SUBSTANCE LINEAGE:
- SYNONYMS: baking soda
- DESCRIPTION: E Number: E500 | Food Additives with E Numbers used in Australia, NZ, UK and the EU. Over 400 in total. | Substance has been approved in: Australia and NZ | EU and UK | | Mineral salts | Has been used in CSG, Hydraulic Fracturing Operations (Fracking) as - pH control, fracturing, buffer, oil well drilling fluid additive, calcium precipitation
- DATA SOURCES: DATA SOURCES: ARTICLE 4 | PubChem | Article-Colborn-2010 | FracFocus | US HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES | APPEA | FSANZ and FSA | EAFUS | Consolidated Pesticide Information Dataset (CPI) from the USA EPA | DPR | EPA USA - Pesticide Inerts | Drugbank | USA FDA APPROVED DRUG PRODUCTS
- LAST UPDATE: 28/04/2018
Mostly focused on Health Implications of Long Term Exposure to this substance
- POSSIBLE HEALTH CONSEQUENCES:
- ACTION OF TOXIN:
- TOXIN SITES OF ACTION IN CELL:
- Additional Exposure Routes: SEE MEDICATION SIDE EFFECTS
Search all of Toxno
Or browse our mind blowing but terrifying Lists