Known Human Carcinogen
This is a serious nasty substance. Exposure to this substance leads to cancer in Humans. Exercise extreme caution with this substance, explore your exposure routes and very seriously consider complete avoidance. See further details under Toxins.
Accumulating evidence points to cancer potential. Exercise caution with this substance, explore your exposure routes and consider complete avoidance. See further details under Toxins.
Interferes with your hormones. Hormones are powerful messengers that can bind to DNA. You don't want to mess with them.
Cause mutations to Genetic material like DNA, RNA or mitochondrial DNA
Toxic to specific organs
Can damage liver, kidney, lungs, heart or gut. Ironically liver, kidneys and gut are the main detoxifications systems.
These attributes are ONLY based on peer-reviewed evidence. See link to Data Sources below. Everyone benefits from knowing this stuff. Please Share.
- CATEGORIES: Drilling Chemicals, CSG - The information here is based on chemicals used in drilling a natural gas well, Crosby 25-3, in Park County, Wyoming. Natural gas, petroleum condensate, and drilling fluids were accidentally released from the ground adjacent to the well due to a breach in the surface casing. This occurred over a period of about 58 hours between August 11 and 13th, 2006. | Chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing fluids | Inert Pesticide Ingredient USA - Food Use Permitted
- SUBSTANCE LINEAGE:
- DESCRIPTION: Has been used in CSG, Hydraulic Fracturing Operations (Fracking) as - Weighting material, unknown, sealer, viscosifier, fracturing, fluid loss additive, lost circulation material, surfactant, thinner, calcium source, breaker, filtration control, dispersant, gellant, drilling fluid compound NOS, deflocculant, oil well treating compound, fluid additive, cement, cement additive/extender, drilling mud, drilling mud additive, bridging material, shale inhibitor, shale stabilizer, proppant, biocide, filtration control, sand
- DATA SOURCES: DATA SOURCES: ARTICLE 4 | PubChem | IARC | Article-Colborn-2010 | FracFocus | US HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES | APPEA | EPA USA - Pesticide Inerts
- LAST UPDATE: 28/04/2018
Mostly focused on Health Implications of Long Term Exposure to this substance
- POSSIBLE HEALTH CONSEQUENCES:
- ACTION OF TOXIN:
- TOXIN SITES OF ACTION IN CELL:
- Additional Exposure Routes:
Search all of Toxno
Or browse our mind blowing but terrifying Lists