Interferes with your hormones. Hormones are powerful messengers that can bind to DNA. You don't want to mess with them.
Cause mutations to Genetic material like DNA, RNA or mitochondrial DNA
Toxic to specific organs
Can damage liver, kidney, lungs, heart or gut. Ironically liver, kidneys and gut are the main detoxifications systems.
Volatile - Evaporates easily
This substance easily enters the air we breath. Not really a nastiness attribute, but this feature helps rapidly spread other nastiness attributes this substance may have.
These attributes are ONLY based on peer-reviewed evidence. See link to Data Sources below. Everyone benefits from knowing this stuff. Please Share.
- CATEGORIES: Chemical used in Undefined Operations in CSG, Hydraulic Fracturing (Fracking) | Household Toxin | Plant Toxin | Animal Toxin | Food Toxin | Natural Toxin | Food Flavoring | EAFUS (Everything Added to Food in the United States) | Inert Pesticide Ingredient USA - Non Food Use Only | Inert Pesticide Ingredient USA - FRAGRANCE ( Generally Not used on Food)
- SUBSTANCE LINEAGE: Organic Compounds | Lipids and Lipid-Like Molecules | Fatty Acyls | Fatty Acids and Conjugates | Long-Chain Fatty Acids
- SYNONYMS: 1-Hexyldecanoate | 1-Hexyldecanoic acid | 1-Pentadecanecarboxylic acid | C16 fatty acid | Cetylic acid | Edenor C16 | Emersol 140 | Emersol 143 | FAT | Glycon P-45 | Hexadecanoate | Hexadecanoate (n-C16:0) | Hexadecanoic acid | Hexadecanoic acid palmitic acid | Hexadecoate | Hexadecoic acid | Hexadecylic acid | Hexaectylic acid | Hydrofol | Hydrofol acid 1690 | Hystrene 8016 | Hystrene 9016 | Industrene 4516 | Kortacid 1698 | Loxiol EP 278 | Lunac P 95 | Lunac P 95KC | Lunac P 98 | N-Hexadecanoate | N-Hexadecanoic acid | N-Hexadecoate | N-Hexadecoic acid | Palmitate | Palmitinate | Palmitinic acid | Palmitinsaeure | Palmitoate | Palmitoic acid | PAM | Pentadecanecarboxylate | Pentadecanecarboxylic acid | PLM | Prifac 2960 | Prifrac 2960 | Pristerene 4934 | Univol U332
- DESCRIPTION: Has been used in CSG, Hydraulic Fracturing Operations (Fracking) as - Unknown | Palmitic acid, or hexadecanoic acid is one of the most common saturated fatty acids found in animals and plants, a saturated fatty acid found in fats and waxes including olive oil, palm oil, and body lipids. It occurs in the form of esters (glycerides) in oils and fats of vegetable and animal origin and is usually obtained from palm oil, which is widely distributed in plants. Palmitic acid is used in determination of water hardness and is an active ingredient of *Levovist*TM, used in echo enhancement in sonographic Doppler B-mode imaging and as an ultrasound contrast medium.
- FORMULA: C16H32O2
- DATA SOURCES: DATA SOURCES: ARTICLE 4 | T3DB | PubChem | Article-Colborn-2010 | Flavornet | EAFUS | EPA USA - Pesticide Inerts
- LAST UPDATE: 28/04/2018
Mostly focused on Health Implications of Long Term Exposure to this substance
- POSSIBLE HEALTH CONSEQUENCES:
- ACTION OF TOXIN:
- TOXIN SITES OF ACTION IN CELL: "Cytoplasm", "Endoplasmic reticulum", "Extracellular", "Membrane", "Peroxisome"
- Additional Exposure Routes: This is an endogenously produced metabolite found in the human body. It is used in metabolic reactions, catabolic reactions or waste generation.
Search all of Toxno
Or browse our mind blowing but terrifying Lists