Interferes with your hormones. Hormones are powerful messengers that can bind to DNA. You don't want to mess with them.
Known to effect development of fetus.
Toxic to specific organs
Can damage liver, kidney, lungs, heart or gut. Ironically liver, kidneys and gut are the main detoxifications systems.
Volatile - Evaporates easily
This substance easily enters the air we breath. Not really a nastiness attribute, but this feature helps rapidly spread other nastiness attributes this substance may have.
These attributes are ONLY based on peer-reviewed evidence. See link to Data Sources below. Everyone benefits from knowing this stuff. Please Share.
- CATEGORIES: Chemical used in hydraulic fracturing fluids | Household Toxin | Plant Toxin | Fungal Toxin | Food Toxin | Natural Toxin | Odor | This Chemical is an Odorant and has a smell like - peppermint | EAFUS (Everything Added to Food in the United States)
- SUBSTANCE LINEAGE: Organic Compounds | Benzenoids | Benzene and Substituted Derivatives | Benzoic Acids and Derivatives | Benzoic Acid Esters
- SYNONYMS: 2-(Methoxycarbonyl)phenol | 2-Carbomethoxyphenol | 2-Hydroxybenzoic acid methyl ester | Benzoic acid | 2-hydroxy- | methyl ester | FEMA 2745 | Methyl 2-hydroxybenzoic acid | Methyl ester 2-hydroxy-benzoic acid | Methyl O-hydroxybenzoate | Methyl salicylate | 8CI | O-Hydroxybenzoic acid | methyl ester
- DESCRIPTION: Has been used in CSG, Hydraulic Fracturing Operations (Fracking) as - Degradable sealer | Methyl 2-hydroxybenzoate is found in beverages. Methyl 2-hydroxybenzoate is present in white wine, tea, porcini mushroom Boletus edulis, Bourbon vanilla, clary sage, red sage and fruits including cherry, apple, raspberry, papaya and plum. Methyl 2-hydroxybenzoate is found in leaves of Gaultheria procumbens (wintergreen). Methyl 2-hydroxybenzoate is a flavouring agent.
- FORMULA: C8H8O3
- DATA SOURCES: DATA SOURCES: ARTICLE 4 | T3DB | PubChem | Article-Colborn-2010 | FracFocus | EPA in USA | US HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES | Flavornet | EAFUS
- LAST UPDATE: 28/04/2018
Mostly focused on Health Implications of Long Term Exposure to this substance
- POSSIBLE HEALTH CONSEQUENCES:
- ACTION OF TOXIN:
- TOXIN SITES OF ACTION IN CELL: "Membrane"
- Additional Exposure Routes:
Search all of Toxno
Or browse our mind blowing but terrifying Lists