Interferes with your hormones. Hormones are powerful messengers that can bind to DNA. You don't want to mess with them.
Toxic to specific organs
Can damage liver, kidney, lungs, heart or gut. Ironically liver, kidneys and gut are the main detoxifications systems.
These attributes are ONLY based on peer-reviewed evidence. See link to Data Sources below. Everyone benefits from knowing this stuff. Please Share.
- CATEGORIES: Chemical used in Undefined Operations in CSG, Hydraulic Fracturing (Fracking) | Household Toxin | Plant Toxin | Food Toxin | Natural Toxin | Odor and Flavour | This Chemical is an Odorant and has a smell like - metal | EAFUS (Everything Added to Food in the United States) | PESTICIDE active ingredient | Insecticide, Acaricide, Herbicide, Plant Growth Regulator | Inert Pesticide Ingredient USA - Non Food Use Only | Inert Pesticide Ingredient USA - FRAGRANCE ( Generally Not used on Food) | Pesticide approved in USA (California) | Pesticide approved or pending approval in EU
- SUBSTANCE LINEAGE: Organic Compounds | Lipids and Lipid-Like Molecules | Fatty Acyls | Fatty Acids and Conjugates | Medium-Chain Fatty Acids
- SYNONYMS: 1-Undecanecarboxylate | 1-Undecanecarboxylic acid | ABL | Aliphat No. 4 | C12 fatty acid | Coconut oil fatty acids | DAO | Dodecanoate | Dodecanoic (lauric) acid | Dodecanoic acid (lauric acid) | Dodecoic acid | Dodecylate | Dodecylcarboxylate | Dodecylic acid | Duodecyclic acid | Duodecylic acid | Edenor C 1298-100 | Emery 650 | Emery 651 | Hydrofol acid 1255 | Hydrofol acid 1295 | Hystrene 9512 | Kortacid 1299 | LAP | LAU | Laurate | Lauric acid | Lauric acid (natural) | Lauric acid | pure | Laurinsaeure | Laurostearate | Laurostearic acid | Lunac L 70 | Lunac L 98 | N-Dodecanoate | N-Dodecanoic acid | Neo-Fat 12 | Neo-Fat 12-43 | Ninol AA62 extra | Nissan NAA 122 | Philacid 1200 | Prifac 2920 | Prifrac 2920 | Undecane-1-carboxylic acid | Univol U 314 | Univol U-314 | Vulvate | Vulvic acid | Wecoline 1295
- DESCRIPTION: Has been used in CSG, Hydraulic Fracturing Operations (Fracking) as - Unknown | Lauric acid, or dodecanoic acid is the main fatty acid in coconut oil and in palm kernel oil, and is believed to have antimicrobial properties. It is a white, powdery solid with a faint odor of bay oil. Lauric acid, although slightly irritating to mucous membranes, has a very low toxicity and so is used in many soaps and shampoos.
- FORMULA: C12H24O2
- DATA SOURCES: DATA SOURCES: ARTICLE 4 | T3DB | PubChem | Article-Colborn-2010 | Flavornet | EAFUS | DPR | EU Pesticides | EPA USA - Pesticide Inerts
- LAST UPDATE: 28/04/2018
Mostly focused on Health Implications of Long Term Exposure to this substance
- POSSIBLE HEALTH CONSEQUENCES:
- ACTION OF TOXIN:
- TOXIN SITES OF ACTION IN CELL: "Cytoplasm", "Extracellular", "Membrane"
- Additional Exposure Routes: This is an endogenously produced metabolite found in the human body. It is used in metabolic reactions, catabolic reactions or waste generation.
Search all of Toxno
Or browse our mind blowing but terrifying Lists